Hi everyone!

New members can introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone!

Postby mikesilb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi my name is Mike, and I am new to the Socionics community. Right now, EII/INFj appears to be the type that I am (with an Ne subtype). In terms of the other typologies out there, I am the following:

MBTI:INFP
Enneagram: 6w7 soc/sx

Looking forward to some fascinating discussions here.
Last edited by mikesilb on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Socionics: Delta NF most likely
mikesilb

Re: Hi everyone!

Postby Banter » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Howdy Mike!
Banter

Postby mikesilb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi Banter. Nice to meet you!

Mike
Socionics: EII/INFj-Ne subtype
MBTI: INFP
Mike

mikesilb

Postby RSV3 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 am

Hey Mike, nice to meet you. Let me know if you have any questions.
RSV3

Postby mikesilb » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi RSV3,

It is nice to meet you as well! Right off the bat, I have a question for you. It sounds like this forum is focused towards sociotype determination, and I like the fact that numerous typing modes are mentioned, including self-typing, self-testing, typing of others, and interpersonal relationships.

Given that I am quite new to Socionics (even though I am more familiar with the Myers Briggs and Enneagram), I would like to do whatever I can to confirm my type. So I am certainly open to being typed (as long as it does not intentionally try to discredit my own intuitive impressions). Is this one of the things that can be done using the forums?

Overall, I clearly know that in terms of my MBTI type, INFP definitely feels right. More importantly, I completely feel that my dominant function (obviously introverted) is a judging function. In fact, when I initially started off my interest in the Myers Briggs, I scored as an INFJ (only to realize much later on that this means that my perception function is dominant, which did not feel right to me). I eventually shifted the MB type that I thought I was from INFJ to INFP because as a dominant judging type, switching to a Myers Briggs INFP made more sense to me.

What I really like about Socionics is that the J/P issue is way more in line with Jung's impressions/descriptions of his types in the book 'Psychological Types'. What this likely does to my type is it shifts from INFP to INFj/EII. I can relate very well to the type of values-oriented and empathy/kindness oriented stance that Fi brings. Contrastingly, I feel that at times I have a lot of trouble understanding the mental 'stretchiness' that Ni (with its deep imagination, vision, etc.) is all about. My mind tends to go from topic to topic in more of an external Ne-ish sort of way. So for all these reasons, my initial gut impression is that I am an EII.

I recently took the Socionics Type Assistant and got an INFj score. Please let me know if you would like to see some of the words that I chose in that type indicator.

What would be a good way to go about typing me based on this and other information? Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks so much!
Mike

mikesilb

Return to Introductions